- FY2016 and Beyond: Balancing Revenue with Community Needs – The St. Johns Board of County Commissioners held a special meeting on February 12, 2015 to solicit public input regarding the challenge of balancing available revenues with community expectations. After a brief presentation outlining the County's current and projected financial environment, the Board received public feedback pertaining to the issues related to the funding of future services including transportation projects, the Fire Rescue Department, the Sheriff's Office, parks, recreational programming, social services, library facilities and programming, beach management, and other important community services. At the February 17, 2015 regular meeting, the Board of County Commissioners approved a motion directing staff to explore the feasibility of a new revenue source, and that process is currently underway. For additional information, please review the FY2016 and Beyond Presentation presented to the Board of County Commissioners by County Administrator Michael D. Wanchick during the meeting. If you would like to submit feedback regarding this important topic, please send an email to email@example.com or call 904.209.1202.
- St. Johns County Hastings Area Recreational Needs Community Meeting – St. Johns County is hosting a community meeting to receive resident feedback regarding the recreational programming needs in the town of Hastings and the surrounding area from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday, March 28 at the Walter E. Harris Community Center, 400 East Harris Street. The meeting will provide residents with the opportunity to have input into how County resources are invested in the future of recreational services, programs, and facilities in the Hastings area community. St. Johns County recreational management staff will facilitate an open dialogue and answer questions in order to provide residents with a forum to express their preferences regarding local recreational programming. The event will also include refreshments and youth sports activities including wiffle ball, golf, soccer, and basketball. For additional information, please 904.209.0333.
- Library Advisory Board Welcomes New Member – On Tuesday, March 17, 2015, Kathleen Cohen was appointed by the St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners to represent District 4 on the Library Advisory Board. Ms. Cohen received her Masterâ€™s in Library Science from Florida State University in August of 1970. She worked at the University of North Florida, Thomas G. Carpenter Library, where she retired in 2009 leaving the title, Associate Dean of the Library. Library Advisory Board
- St. Johns County Named Healthiest County in Florida for Fourth Consecutive Year – For the fourth year in a row, St. Johns County has been named the healthiest county in Florida by the University of Wisconsin and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. St. Johns County ranked number one in Florida in Health Outcomes, measures of today’s health, and number one in Health Factors, measures of tomorrow’s health, in the organization’s sixth annual County Health Rankings and Roadmaps Report. Community health factors considered in the report include physical environment, social and economic factors, health behaviors, and clinical care. For additional information or to read the report, please www.rwjf.org. To review data utilized to rank the counties, please visit the Florida Department of Health at www.floridacharts.com.
- 2015 St. Johns County Employee Wellness Expo – County employees and spouses may get their Personal Health Assessment at the Expo, April 14 & 15 in the County Administration Parking Garage, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Benefits Page
- April Events at Your Public Library – Listings by branch.
- Money Wi$e Week – The St. Johns County Public Library System and the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants are teaming up to present Free Financial Workshops for All the Stages of Your Life in the fourth annual Wi$e Money Week, April 26- May 2, 2015. Money Wi$e Week.
- Iconic singer-songwriter David Crosby at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall on Saturday, June 13. Tickets on sale now. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- South Anastasia Design Review Board Meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 26 has been cancelled.
- Easter Egg Hunts – The St. Johns County Recreation and Parks Department is hosting four Easter Egg Hunts for resident children age 8 and younger. Come hunt for treats and meet the Easter Bunny on April 2 at Palencia and Veterans parks, or April 4 at Al Wilke and Treaty parks. Don’t forget to bring your Easter basket! Easter Egg Hunts
- Guided Kayak Tours – At Hallowes Cove on Thursday, April 2 and Saturday, April 4 and Trout Creek on Friday, April 24. Trips provide participants with an opportunity to explore wilderness, learn local history, and discover local flora and fauna with County Naturalist AyoLane Halusky. Guide Kayak Tour Details.
- Four-time Blues Music Awards "Entertainer of the Year" Tab Benoit at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall on Thursday, October 22, 2015. Tickets on sale now. Ponte Vedra Concert Hall
- Slightly Stoopid, Dirty Heads and Stick Figure "Everything Is Awesome" tour will stop at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre on Thursday, July 23, 2015. Tickets on sale now. St. Augustine Amphitheatre.
- The Third Eye Blind and Dashboard Confessional tour will stop at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre on Sunday, June 7, 2015. Tickets on sale now. St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- 2015 St. Johns County Legislative Action Plan – The St. Johns County Legislative Action Plan is a focused list of priorities for which the County requests financial assistance and other support from our State and Federal delegation members. Commissioner Rachael Bennett, Chair and District 5 Representative, presented the Legislative Action Plan to the County's State Representatives at the Legislative Delegation Meeting on February 25, 2015. Legislative priorities have historically included issues related to Florida Statutes, transportation, water quality, unfunded mandates, and a variety of other subjects. Please review the 2015 St. Johns County Legislative Action Plan for additional information regarding the identified priorities.
- St. Johns County Board of County Commission regular meetings are held each month on the first and third Tuesdays at 9:00 am in the St. Johns County Auditorium. Agendas | Minutes | Calendar
- Negotiation Meetings – Representatives of the Collective Bargaining Team of St. Johns County and of the International Association of Firefighters Local #3865 will meet in public session for the purpose of collective bargaining contract negotiations. 2015 Schedule.
- Accomplishments, Accolades, and Recognitions – Learn about the investment of public resources and the difficult role the County Commission plays in successfully guiding our county to its status of one of the most successful in Florida. More information.
- Meet the Featured Adoptable Pets of the Week!
- Road Construction Advisories – www.sjcfl.us/Traffic.
- Board of County Commission Meeting Agendas may be viewed on the Clerk of Courts website.
- MySJCFL – Find out who your Commissioner is, what library branch is closest, school zones, House and Senate Districts, and more @ MySJCFL.
- Interested in proposed development projects? See the Development Permit Database.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities.
Public records requests may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or contacting us directly. For more information, please contact Board of County Commissioners Records Management @ firstname.lastname@example.org, or (904) 209-0805.
Fair Housing – For questions about the Fair Housing Act compliance, please contact: Homeownership Programs Administrator, Dana Froberg at (904) 827-6895.
Americans with Disabilities Act – For questions about Americans with Disabilities Act Procedures, please contact the Compliance Officer, Katie Diaz at (904) 209-0650.
Equal Opportunity Employment – For questions about Equal Opportunity Employment compliance, please contact Director of Personnel, Stacey Stanish at (904) 209-0545.