- St. Johns County Committee Launches Campaign to Encourage Participation in 2020 Census â€“ St. Johns Countyâ€™s 2020 Census Complete Count Committee launched an educational campaign today designed to inform residents on the community-wide benefits of St. Johns County receiving the most accurate and complete census count possible in 2020.Â
- New Emergency Notification System for St. Johns County Residents St. Johns County is launching a new emergency notification system to provide residents with critical information during emergency situations. The new Alert St. Johns system will enable St. Johns County, the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, the City of St. Augustine, and the City of St. Augustine Beach to quickly provide residents with critical information in a variety of situations including severe weather, unexpected road closures, water advisories, missing persons, evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods, and incidents that may threaten public safety. To receive these time sensitive alerts, residents can sign up at https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736725582#/login.
- The Fire Watch Program and App. According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, approximately twenty veterans commit suicide each day in the United States. To respond to this national epidemic, St. Johns County has joined surrounding communities and local organizations in Fire Watch, a program that provides a support system for veterans in crisis. The Fire Watch launched a mobile app that enables veterans and volunteers to foster positive relationships and ensure veterans get the help they need. Available on both the Apple App Store and Android Google Play, the app will allow veterans in crisis to quickly receive emergency assistance and connect them with a variety of local resources and allies that will help them build relations and provide one-on-one counseling and support. www.thefirewatch.org.Â
- Hastings Story Map - St. Johns County recognizes the Town of Hastings' rich history and tradition and continues to partner with the community to preserve that unique heritage and culture after the transition. As part of that process, County staff has created the Hastings Story Map. The story map exemplifies the history of the town and how St. Johns County is working to preserve and revitalize the area. View the Hastings Story Map.
- Home damaged by Hurricane Michael? Assistance is available through Restore St. Johns, St. Johns County Hurricane Housing Recovery Program. Register at www.sjcfl.us/restore. Official seal of St. Johns County, Florida, and an icon of a house.
- Reach the Beach Mobile App â€“ Spend more time on the beach with quick access to beach driving conditions, access and facility locations, and lifeguard information. Download the free app in the App Store or Google Play. For more information, call 904.209.0331
- Come meet the Pets of the Week at the SJC Pet Center!
Meetings & Workshops
Open House for U.S. 1 / S.R. 5 Resurfacing Project – The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will host a public open house to preview proposed resurfacing and potential safety improvements, including sidewalks and lighting planned on U.S. 1 / S.R. 5 from N. Ponce De Leon Blvd to Cross Ridge Dr from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on Monday, February 24, in the Muscovy Room at Health and Human Services. Residents are invited to drop by any time to view project displays and discuss traffic impacts and construction activities with members of the project team. For more information, please call 904.360.5471. Open House for U.S. 1/State Road 5 Resurfacing Project
Ponte Vedra Architectural Review Committee scheduled for February 26 at 5:00 p.m. at the Players Community Senior Center, Ponte Vedra Beach . PVARC Meeting
South Anastasia Design Review Board Meeting scheduled for February 27 at 1:00 p.m. in the County Permit Center. SADRB Meeting
Mid-Anastasia Design Review Board Meeting scheduled for March 12 at 3:00 p.m. in the Permit Center. MADRB Meeting
IAFF Negotiation Meetings – Public sessions for collective bargaining contract negotiations. IAFF Meeting Schedule on BCC Calendar.
New Elevation Certificates – All Elevation Certificates signed and sealed on February 21, 2020 or later must be completed using the new National Flood Insurance Program Elevation Certificate. Certificates using the outdated form will be rejected and have to be resubmitted using the new form. Flood Facts
St. Johns County Committee Launches Campaign to Encourage Participation in 2020 Census – St. Johns County’s 2020 Census Complete Count Committee launched an educational campaign today designed to inform residents on the community-wide benefits of St. Johns County receiving the most accurate and complete census count possible in 2020. Census Campaign Media Release | www.sjcfl.us/census
New Emergency Notification System for St. Johns County Residents – St. Johns County launched a new emergency notification system to provide residents with critical information during emergency situations. The Alert St. Johns system replaces the Code Red notification system, so it is imperative that residents sign up for these critical notifications. Sign up at Alert St. Johns. Learn more @ SJC Emergency Management
2020-21 CDBG Funding – St. Johns County anticipates receiving Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for the 2020-2021 Federal Fiscal Year and invites citizens and community organizations to interact, receive information, and apply for funding through the 2020 Community Survey, CDBG Application, and Community Meetings. For additional information, please contact 904.827.6897. 2020-21 CDBG Funding
The Fire Watch Program and App – According to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, approximately twenty veterans commit suicide each day in the United States. In an effort to respond to this national epidemic, St. Johns County has joined surrounding communities and local organizations in Fire Watch, a program that provides a support system for veterans in crisis. The Fire Watch launched a mobile app that enables veterans and volunteers to foster positive relationships and ensure veterans get the help they need. Available on both the Apple App Store and Android Google Play, the app will allow veterans in crisis to quickly receive emergency assistance and connect them with a variety of local resources and allies that will help them build relations and provide one-on-one counseling and support. For more information, please visit www.thefirewatch.org.
2020 Beach Driving Passes On Sale Now – St. Johns County Beach Driving Passes make great gifts for the holidays! County resident passes are $50, non-resident passes are $100, and handicap passes are $40. Beach Driving Passes
Current FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps – Flood Zone Viewer
Meet the Featured Adoptable & Cats & Dogs – Pets of the Week!
Boards and Committees Volunteer Opportunities – Volunteers consider and make recommendations on a variety of topics including planning and zoning, development, libraries, parks and recreation, arts, culture, and tourism. Boards and Committees
Events & Activities
Self-defense Training at Ponte Vedra Beach Branch Library – The St. Johns County Public Library and Sheriff's Office are offering two-day self-defense seminars for women from 5:00 to 7:45 p.m. on March 2 and 3 and from 2:00 to 4:45 p.m. on March 19 and 20 at the Ponte Vedra Beach Library. The free courses will allow participants to practice self-defense skills with members of law enforcement. As space is limited, registration will be facilitated through a lottery. For more information or to enter your name in the registration lottery, please call 904.827.6950. Self-defense Training
Art in Public Spaces – St. Johns County's Art in Public Spaces program is excited to host "Lucid Dreams: The Real Becomes the Surreal", featuring artist Kirk Marsh through March 15 at the County Administration Building. Hosted in partnership with the St. Johns County Cultural Council, the exhibit features Marsh's mind-bending photography, influenced heavily by magical realism, and highlights mental health, loneliness, and the fictions of our minds. Visitors are invited to view the exhibit from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more on Kirk Marsh, please visit www.kirkmarshphotography.com.
Check out the Latest Youth Activities! We're featuring Open Gym at the Solomon Calhoun Center, Family Fitness Classes, a Kid’s Art Program, and Save the Date – Summer Camp Registration starts on March 2! SJCP&R Youth Activities
Nature Programs – Join us for a variety of outings and topics including fishing, kayak trips, sustainable living, and exploring our environment. County Naturalist Programs
St. Johns Reads & Library 5K – The Library System has announced Delia Owens’ novel Where the Crawdads Sing as the featured book for the "St. Johns Reads" community-wide reading project.
Programs focusing on the book will be held throughout February. This year will feature the first-ever “Lace Up for Libraries” 5k, on February 29 to help raise funds for future St. Johns Reads events. Register for the 5K | St. Johns Reads 2020
County Commissioner Invitations – From time to time the County Commissioners receive invitations to attend various events. On occasion, more than one County Commissioner may attend and participate at the event. For more information regarding the Notices for the events, visit the Board of County Commissioner’s Invitations webpage
Projects, Advisories, Status Updates
FDOT Drainage Improvements on Nix Boatyard Road – The Florida Department of Transportation is replacing drainage structures on the north side of Nix Boat Yard Road to reduce flooding in the area. Access to Nix Boat Yard Road from U.S. 1 will be intermittently unavailable while crews complete the work Tuesday, February 18, through Friday, February 21. Motorists may experience traffic delays and are encouraged to seek an alternate route until the work is completed. Lane closures and flagging operations will be necessary Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Drivers should proceed through the construction zone with caution and adhere to posted signs.
C.R. 210 Temporary Night Closures – Due to utility and drainage improvements, C.R. 210 will experience temporary closures from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on February 19 and 26 between Alternate 210 and Valley Ridge Blvd. (Detour Route) and on February 20 and 27 between Twin Creeks Dr. to C.R. 210 (Detour Route). Closure dates are subject to change due to weather conditions. Motorists are advised to monitor the project message boards for the latest updates. For more information, please call 904.209.0792.
South Ponte Vedra Beach and Vilano Beach Renourishment Easements Needed – Ninety percent of the easements have already been obtained, the remaining easements must be secured by March 31 for the project to proceed on the updated Army Corps project schedule and for 2020 beach renourishment. If you are an oceanfront property owner south of Serenata to the St. Augustine Inlet and have questions, did not receive your packet, or need assistance completing your documents, please contact us at 904.209.0760 or email@example.com. Beach Easements Information | Beach Renourishment Video
Ocean and Fishing Pier Closure – The Pier will be closed through May for repairs. The north beach access point adjacent to the pier will also be closed and access to the beach near the pier will intermittently be restricted. SJC Ocean and Fishing Pier.
Public Records Requests
Government records may be seen and copied from a records custodian at the County Administration building, via specific County Departments responsible for their own records, from records custodians at Elected Officials Offices and at other levels of government such as state agencies, local, county and state authorities. Public records requests to the County may be made by completing the Public Records Request Form or by contacting the County’s Public Records Custodian at:
Office of the County Attorney, Attn: Public Records Custodian
500 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, Florida 32084-8686
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: (904) 209-0805 | F: (904) 209-0806
Special Districts Information can be found at www.sjcfl.us/SpecialDistricts